Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Secrets to Creating a Press Release

It is time for me to write and publish a press release about my new book, WALK FORWARD. I have timed the release with a significant event, the 74th anniversary of Kristallnacht, also called the Night of Broken Glass, as the Temples and glass store fronts of Jewish shops were shattered on November 9-10, 1938. The writing was on the wall for the Jews in Europe.

I just came across an important item in regard to publishing a release. Since I have a book trailer in YouTube, the trailer can be embedded in the release, if and only if, the URL (address) for the trailer is in the last sentence of a paragraph or stands along in a paragraph. The URL must also be in the first 500 characters if there is no picture of the book included or the first 1000 characters if a picture of the book is included.

I guess I must move my URL for the book trailer from the last line in my release to higher up in the text

The text in my release is exactly one page in Microsoft Word, with the three hash marks ### centered on the very last line of the Press Release.

Whether the release should be faxed to newpapers as in years gone by, or only emailed, is my remaining question. There are many online free press release sites to which I can email the release, but wonder what their preferred format might be?

I will make an HTML version of my release for my own website and report back when I figure out the preferred formats on other sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment