Tuesday, July 22, 2014

STEP-UP and Be a STEM Mentor: Mentees, STEP-Into STEM

When I walk around my local high school and neighboring areas, I see signs that read "STEM 2M." It seems as if the promotion of STEM, meaning Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math is all around me. Sometimes I see it as STEM(M) with the second M meaning "Medicine."

Thus, I created STEP at http://www.raskinfo.com/step.html as a portal to some comprehensive secondary sources on information on STEM.

I was surprised to learn that STEM starts in pre-school and thanks to a recent book, Reflections & Connections: Personal Journeys Through the Life SciencesI received permission to post this photo of a preschooler here on my blog:


Pre-K STEM

An interesting paper on STEM is in the works, and we hope to include a link herein soon.

Getting back to what does "STEM 2M" mean? Does it refer to $2M for STEM education in regard to grants at http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2014/nsf14512/nsf14512.htm#pgm_desc_txt, Please notice the  next due date for grant submission is November 6. 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment