Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Marketing Your Book: Part 4, Tagging

A great explanation of tagging and why it is important to tag books is included at
http://trianglepubs.com/1762/book-marketing/sell-more-books-amazon-tagging/

Tags are a free way to help your book come up in a search on Amazon.com. To select a tag, think of terms
one might use to search for books like your book.

Those that view a book's web page on Amazon, have the option to "agree to" tags. I never noticed this until one of my LinkedIn groups noticed that I had not placed any tags for my book on my book's Amazon page.

One is allowed 15 tags, use them all! When my book has a free day in the Amazon Kindle Select program, I will remove two of the 15 tags and replace them with two tags to tag the book as a freebie.




No comments:

Post a Comment