Friday, October 19, 2012

No Sales other than the U.S. or U.K., why?

I have been trying to figure out why not a single copy of Walk Forward had been purchased in Germany, although hundreds of copies have been downloaded in the U.S. and the U.K. in the book's first three weeks of life!

I should have read about the state-of-the-art in regard to ebooks in Europe, before I tried to gift several copies to family and friends in Europe, who either did not know how to read a Kindle book nor understand that the book could be read in the Amazon Cloud (assuming it works in Europe).

Germany is much behind in reading ebooks, but I want to make sure that Walk Forward is ready and waiting in Germany when ebooks take off! Ebook readers have increased much in the last year.

The cover of Walk Forward is a picture of my mother taken in 1938, in Karlsruhe, Germany.

                                                                      
I read today that I should include the international Amazon nodes on the website for my book and have done so. I added Amazon Germany, U.K., France, Spain, and Italy to the books website at:
                                           http://www.raskinfo.com/walkforward.html

 The reviews of my book, uploaded in the U.S., show up on each of the international Amazon outlets, however, things like "like" the page, review, or tagged terms must be input in each country.

I could select German tags for Walk Forward on Amazon.de, Germany, but can not do the same for the other countries as I do not know the language!

In order to post my book on various websites, I need a 5th review and hope someone reviews and uploads a review of my book to the books page on Amazon at:

http://www.amazon.com/Walk-Forward-ebook/dp/B009H6Y7AC

No comments:

Post a Comment