Sunday, November 2, 2014

Walk Forward - follow me on Twitter @RosaSRaskin

It is the 76th anniversary of Kristallnacht (The Night of Broken Glass) and my lost sister's 79th birthday this week, so I will share a few secrets herein.

Per genealogy searching, repeat the search using the same source about every two years.

When it comes to cemetery databases, they are actively being created and data added to existing ones. Example: I just found the grave of my Uncle Leo Chimowicz in the "New Jewish Cemetery" in Prague.

I had searched the cemetery before in a general type search, but when someone gave me a clue and said "Maybe your family hitched a ride with mine, at the time of our release from CC Theresienstadt, to Prague?"

I re-zoomed in at the Cemetery in Prague and found my Uncle Leo Chimowicz's grave. I have studied the photos where he is buried, near the little tree in the photo below, have contacted the cemetery, have had someone go over to the cemetery and speak with the owners -- and hope someone I know can visit Prague one day so we can get the headstone set. Uncle Leo Chimowicz is the 4th down from top on the cemetery's computer system.




No comments:

Post a Comment